The following figure shows the configuration of the CudaTel installed in the system, connecting both POTS lines ("Plain old Telephone Service") and Internet voice connections through the firewall to IP and soft phones in the system.
Figure 1: Deployment Map
Install the CudaTel Communication Server
- Fasten the Barracuda CudaTel Communication Server to a standard 19-inch rack or other stable location.
- Connect a CAT5 or CAT6 patch cable from your network switch to the LAN Ethernet port on the front of the CudaTel Communication Server.
- Connect the following to your CudaTel Communication Server:
- Power cord
- VGA monitor
- PS2 keyboard
- Press the Power button located on the front of the appliance
Configure IP Address and Network Settings
Wait for system to fully boot up.The login prompt for the administrative console is displayed on the monitor, and the power light on the front of the system turns on. To physically install the CudaTel Communication Server Appliance:
- At the Administrative Console prompt login enter Username: admin Password: 0000 (four zeroes)
- Use the TAB key to move and the ENTER key to select.
- Configure the IP address. If you do not have a keyboard and monitor and want to set the IP address, push and hold the Reset button on the front panel. Holding the Reset button for 5 seconds changes the IP address to 192.168.200.200. Holding the Reset button for 8 seconds changes the IP address to 192.168.1.200. Holding the Reset button for 12 seconds changes the IP address to 10.1.1.200.
- Configure subnet mask, default gateway, and optional primary DNS and secondary DNS. (The Web interface allows updates to these settings once it is accessible.)
- Apply the network settings.
Configure the Corporate Firewall
Open up the following ports in your firewall:
|80||In/Out||Yes||No||Firmware & Documentation Updates|
|843||In/Out||Yes||No||Flash Policy Server|
|5060-5070||In/Out||Yes||Yes||SIP Ports (Soft Phones, Providers)|